Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bitmap Versus Vector Photography

Photography has always been an interest of mine, specifically urban photography. In most photos of urban photography, the colors are vibrant and the images usually depict some form of emotion. For this specific blog, I felt I would take my interest and apply them to the differences in the bitmap versus vector imaging. 

The bitmap images I have chosen are the following:



I chose these two images because in both, the graphics are extremely pixelated making the detail very vivid and easy to depict. In the first image, the photography lights up the center of the picture, but through the pixels, the darker sides are still visible to the eye. Also the way in which the picture is taken shows a depiction of a long road, which lengthens the picture. If the first picture had a lower resolution or a lower DPI, the picture would not be as eye catchy to the viewer or have any type of prominence.

In the second photo, once again the way the photo is depicted lengthens the image. Although this image does not have the same amount of color and vibrancy as the first photo, it is still an image that would be even close to as well represented if the DPI was low or it had a low resolution.

Due to the fact I chose urban photography as my first two bitmap images, I decided for my vector images, I would illustrate the difference in a vector image of a building. The vector images I have chosen are the following:



I chose these two images, because as stated, I wanted to focus on urban type photography and buildings. The first vector image was the drawing of a building. I felt this was a good example because it began with the basics of how a vector image would be designed. The second image on the other hand is a lot more detailed and it is apparent the way the picture has been altered is in the graphic in the sky line. Although this may seem like a regular photo, the graphics are very detailed and it has been created to resemble the similarities of a sky line.

I found these images by first focusing on what I wanted to be able to compare and contrast in the difference of vector versus bitmap. For my first two images I searched in google: jpeg urban photography. For my second two images I searched in google: vector images of buildings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home